NYLT is for Scouts 13 years old and at least First Class Rank.
With summer months nearing, we expect registration speeds to increase so apply quickly if you wish to attend this year. There are a limited number of slots available for the entire Atlanta Area Council, so you must apply early if you plan to attend. The NYLT sessions for 2015 are:
- Session 1 – May 24th -29th is officially full. Accepting wait list applications only for a brief time before they close registration on Session 1.
- Session 2 – May 31st – Jun 5th is nearing capacity, less then 8 seats available. We expect it to be full within a week.
- Session 3, 4, and 5 – are still accepting applications.
NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) is the premier leadership training opportunity for Boy Scouts. It is a weeklong camping experience at Bert Adams Scout Reservation and teaches leadership, communication, and personal development skills through activities, events, games, and adventures. Participants will work hard and play hard together as they put into action the best Scouting has to offer. Most of the senior youth leadership in Troop 714 has attended NYLT and it pays great dividends for those Scouts and for the T-714 program.
There are four steps to apply:
1. Read all the information on the NYLT web page: http://www.aacnylt.org. Check the dates of the courses to see which one(s) work best for you and your family.
- SESSION 1 – May 24, 2015 11:00am – May 29, 2015 9:00pm
- SESSION 2 – May 31, 2015 11:00am – June 5, 2015 9:00pm
- SESSION 3 – June 7, 2015 11:00am – June 12, 2015 9:00pm
- SESSION 4 – November 21, 2015 8:15am – November 25, 2015 5:00pm
- SESSION 5 – December 26, 2015 12:30pm – December 31, 2015 5:00pm
2. Contact Mr. Moultrie to discuss your plans with him. You must meet all the listed requirements and be willing to be a youth leader in Troop 714!
3. With your parent, complete online application and payment.
4. Print or complete and submit all items on the “application checklist” at the NYLT website.